Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Adam Corolla Adam Corolla is offline

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:07:48 -0500, "Adam Corolla"
wrote:

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
. ..

I did ask about prices and learned that the current price for ingots
is around $60 to $70 per kilo. I didn't get to the guy who sells the
scrap, but I'd guess it goes for around half that, which would make it
about 1-1/2 times the price of carbide scrap.

--
Ned Simmons

Sounds great! 1/2" square by 2' long would be fine. I am guessing they
would weigh almost 1.9 kilo or a little under 4.2 pounds each? Unless my
math is rusty...? One of those would be perfect! So, I'm guessing it
would
cost around $65-70 before shipping? Very reasonable.

Let me see if I can pin down the price. It may be a couple weeks
before I'm up there again.

--
Ned Simmons

Ok, thanks! Also, if you like, you can email me by using the name
'webgrunt' followed by the at symbol and then gmail dot com.