Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
woodworker88 woodworker88 is offline

Default Mills, Drills and Reamers - How Do You Store Them?

On Oct 24, 4:30 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Time to do a little shop reorganization...too many mills, drill bits
and reamers and not enough organization.

I am looking for suggestions as to how you organize and store your
drill bits, reamers and mill cutters?

Thanks

TMT

I have two different systems. For drill bits and taps, and special
cutters under about 6" length, I use one of those 72 drawer organizers
from Fry's or OSH. I used a labelmaker to mark the drawers for each
tap size from 0-80 to 1/2"-13, NC and NF, and pipe taps, and drill
bits from 1/16"-3/8" and some letter and number bits. I also have a
similar drawer system, fewer but larger drawers, which I use for
larger dill bits, reamers, dovetail cutters, ball end mills, etc. My
normal end mills over 1/4" get stored in a very shallow, heavy duty
drawer in my workbench. Finally, I use an old three drawer tool chest
with one drawer devoted to reamers, drill rod pieces, etc., one drawer
to turning cutters, and one drawer for boring bars.
ww88