Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Raising Tree Level

On Oct 25, 1:09 am, wrote:
My yard tends to flood so I am raising the whole yard 16 feet by
having fill brought in. I had a company lift the house and put in a
new basement. I removed all the fences and posts. The filling has
begun. The problem are my trees. I thought that when soil was dumped
around trees, the trees would just rise to the soil level. It's not
working that way. I guess I need to add something to the trees. What
can I do to make the trees lift to the new soil level? I must have
dumb trees because they are only about 20 feet tall and if they stay
where they are, there will only be branches showing.

You should have built dam walls around the property, then let it
flood, which would have floated the house _and_ the trees to whatever
level you wanted. My guess is that you're pretty damn high.