Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup[_2_] soup[_2_] is offline

Default Greenhouse

Dave Gordon wrote:

Make sure the timbers of the framework are secured to each other, otherwise they will move over time,
even when nailed into the earth. Simple butt joints with screws.
12 years ago I did not, and they have, and the greenhouse racked and broke some panes.. Looks like I
will have to dismantle the whole damn greenhouse, build a proper base and rebuild it again, after
buying a few replacement panes.

Sorry to hear that. However we already have the slabs laid so shan't be
fixing the green house (directly) to the earth, or rather to timber that
is attached to the earth.