Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Did they change treated lumber AGAIN?

On Oct 20, 10:36 am, Robert Allison wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in ...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

"dpb" wrote in ...

...If that were the case ... it shouldn't take someone else more than
about 30 seconds to counter the argument.

OK. Have a nice day.

So, I take it you're off on a literature search?

--

Of course not. I suggest that you gather your conclusions and present them
to the appropriate parties who were involved in forcing a change in the

There was no forced change. The EPA did study after study,
and did not find evidence to even put a warning (other than
the one that existed) on PT lumber. The manufacturers
voluntarily chose to change the formulation, not due to
regulation, but due to the fear of lawsuits from idiots.

I have worked with CCA for over 30 years. I have been exposed
to it for that amount of time in a manner that would cause far
more than the minimal contact that a child would ever get,
yet, I am fine. So are all of the other 400 or so carpenters
that I know or have known personally. So where did you get
your data again. How long do you think that I have to live?

Due to the fact that I was forced to be exposed to it, I have
done extensive research on the subject and I can tell you that
you are simply wrong. Unless you burn it, you have nothing to
fear from the old CCA. And neither does anyone else.

Worry about lightning. Or your salt intake. It will be far
more productive.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Aye! There are places where the water supply contains more arsenic
than you could get off the lumber and that amount meets government
safety regs.

Harry K