Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Outside wood burning furnace help needed????

Butter wrote:
Guy at work is constantly talking about this now that its getting
cold and I had the idea that the place to find someone who had done
this was people with the skills to do it. What would be the point of
asking office people for example how to do anything. We have acess to
steel sheet from 12 ga to 3/8 thick.

Nobody else mentione this, so I thought I should. What you are
talking about is a potential BOMB! You absolutely must have
proper safety controls on it so the boiler cannot ever get
overheated. (I'm not sure how you do this on a wood-heated
boiler.) For gas or oil, you just cut the burner off if the
circulator pump quits. You might actually have to have some
sort of fire-putter-outer in case of electrical outage, pump
motor failure, etc. If the worst happens, you may have to just
let the water out, and melt the boiler.

Jon