Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Default Ok, so can I replace my own water heater?

HeyBub wrote:

Bob F wrote:

Thinking of the idiot who connected the gas line to the cold water
inlet, thinking it would make the water hotter. That didn't work at
first, then it became a 10,000% success (at least according to the
fire department).

Show me documentation that this really happened. It is pretty hard to
believe.

Can't you imagine? 50 pounds of water pressure agains 2 ounces of gas
pressure? Everybody on the block with liquid-squirting pilot lights?

What a hoot!

Interesting thought, but it would probably stop at the regulator.