Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Landscape lighting fixtures - low voltage

hobbes wrote:

I am interested in installing some low voltage landscape lights. I am
looking at 12v systems. I looked at the lights at Home Depot (Malibu)
where the spot lamps 20w are about $US 14.00 each. These look flimsy.
If I were to spend something like $US 30 per lamp, what would be a
good brand / model to buy?

I just bought & installed the HD Malibu Metal series kit (made by Intermatic)
and and very pleased with how it looks. The fixtures (bullet & spot) are heavy
aluminum and the kit comes with 100' of the HD power cord. Much nicer than the
plastic pagoda lights. Used the bullets to light a 30' flagstone walkway and the
spots to wash the house.

Installs easy and looks like it will last a long time. Only suggestion would be
if you buy additional cable, be sure to get the HD kind and not the standard or
light gauge stuff. Too much voltage drop with that.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars