Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default Mechanical Aptitude Test

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:37:57 -0400, Brian Lawson wrote:

I got one wrong. And I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!! All my working
life had to do daily with worms and worm-gears, and I GOT IT
WRONG!!!!!! The Union will want my Mechanics card back!! Thank
goodness I retired before they found out how dumb I really was!!

I've looked at that worm gear question another time after a respected
coworker of mine also got it wrong, and I'm not convinced that the
"right" answer is right. Either that or there's some Escher kind of
thing going on with that drawing.