Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Ok, so can I replace my own water heater?

"dgk" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 07:59:52 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Paige D'Winter wrote:
I DON'T KNOW WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME, DUMBASS? HOW THE **** AM I
SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF YOU CAN DO DICK WITH YOUR WATER HEATER OR NOT IF
YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH DICKING AROUND WITH YOUR WATER HEATER
THEN WHY NOT HIRE SOMEBODY ELSE TO **** AROUND WITH IT AND ACTUALLY
KNOWS DICK ABOUT WHAT THEY'RE DOING?

Keyboards fixed: $12.00.

That's outrageous. A whole new keyboard is less than $12.

Paige had a point though. I guess I should have phrased it better. The
question was meant to be along the lines of: Is replacing the water
heater something that a reasonably competent person, but not a
contractor, would be capable of doing?

You see, there are many sites on the internet that give what appear to
be very good instructions for doing it, for instance:

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/h2installwaterheater

It looks like this is a much easier job than, say, replacing a shower
pan: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/troublesomeshowerpan

Notice that the instructions for the water heater to not suggest using
a professional but the ones for a shower pan do.

Of course, blowing up the house would be a worse outcome than having a
small pan leak.

I, naturally, need both a new water heater and a new pan.

I did my shower pan. With sufficient research, it's doable.

Bob