Posted to alt.home.repair
hobbes hobbes is offline

Default Landscape lighting fixtures - low voltage

Hi,

I am interested in installing some low voltage landscape lights. I am
looking at 12v systems. I looked at the lights at Home Depot (Malibu)
where the spot lamps 20w are about $US 14.00 each. These look flimsy.
If I were to spend something like $US 30 per lamp, what would be a
good brand / model to buy?

I am looking for MR16 Based Accent spot lamps, and I live in
NorthEastern USA. So get snowy winters, well now I do, not sure what
global warming will bring... has stayed pretty mild recently.

Another question is, in general are lamps which will take 50w bulbs
better built that the ones which have a max wattage of 20w?

Best, Mike.