Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pheeh.zero@gmail.com is offline

Default Avergae life expectancy of a dryer?

On Oct 23, 11:26 pm, "Cshenk" wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message to "Cshenk"
Anyone know? Not brand top end specific or anything but electric type,
average model.

These guys say 14 years, but mine is 26 with one minor repair
http://www.oldhouseweb.com/stories/Detailed/10382.shtml

Thanks! Sounds about right. We just got a 3 yo used one (maytag).
Family was military and shipped overseas. Price was decent at the maytag
store which also sells used refurbished appliances. 150$ which includes
delivery and haul away of the old one. Has a little cosmetic damage but
nothing horrible and not rusted or anything like that.
xxcarol

Our's is 29 yrs. (nat. gas)...glow bar (igniter), belt, and motor.
Still going, doesn't match the washer.