Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Avergae life expectancy of a dryer?

Anyone know? Not brand top end specific or anything but electric type,
average model.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cshenk" wrote in message
Anyone know? Not brand top end specific or anything but electric type,
average model.

Don't know for sure but it's very long. There's not that much that goes
wrong with them that can't easily be fixed.

Everyone I've had over 4 decades has been replaced simply because the washer
has failed. We given (if not all) to family, friends or charity since they
still worked.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Cshenk wrote:
: Anyone know? Not brand top end specific or anything but electric type,
: average model.

I got a middle of the line whirlpool from 1982 still in use. Over the
years I've replaced heating element, belt and rollers, and the temp
sensors. Unfortunately the matching washer gave up the ghost about 10 yrs
ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cshenk" wrote in message
Anyone know? Not brand top end specific or anything but electric type,
average model.

These guys say 14 years, but mine is 26 with one minor repair
http://www.oldhouseweb.com/stories/Detailed/10382.shtml

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message to "Cshenk"

Anyone know? Not brand top end specific or anything but electric type,
average model.

These guys say 14 years, but mine is 26 with one minor repair
http://www.oldhouseweb.com/stories/Detailed/10382.shtml

Thanks! Sounds about right. We just got a 3 yo used one (maytag).
Family was military and shipped overseas. Price was decent at the maytag
store which also sells used refurbished appliances. 150$ which includes
delivery and haul away of the old one. Has a little cosmetic damage but
nothing horrible and not rusted or anything like that.
xxcarol

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 23, 11:26 pm, "Cshenk" wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message to "Cshenk"
Anyone know? Not brand top end specific or anything but electric type,
average model.

These guys say 14 years, but mine is 26 with one minor repair
http://www.oldhouseweb.com/stories/Detailed/10382.shtml

Thanks! Sounds about right. We just got a 3 yo used one (maytag).
Family was military and shipped overseas. Price was decent at the maytag
store which also sells used refurbished appliances. 150$ which includes
delivery and haul away of the old one. Has a little cosmetic damage but
nothing horrible and not rusted or anything like that.
xxcarol

Our's is 29 yrs. (nat. gas)...glow bar (igniter), belt, and motor.
Still going, doesn't match the washer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:52:59 -0700, "Cshenk"
wrote:

Anyone know? Not brand top end specific or anything but electric type,
average model.

I replaced my dryer (Roper electric) last year. The old one had lasted
13 years.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

wrote:

Anyone know? Not brand top end specific or anything but electric type,
average model.

I replaced my dryer (Roper electric) last year. The old one had lasted
13 years.

I moved into my house 12 years ago. The dryer was there and is still
going strong. I think it's a Kenmore. There are only two of us in the
house though so it gets run once a week for a few cycles.