Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Teenagers pulling pranks

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 01:20:19 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Phisherman wrote:
This week school's out and houses in my neighborhood are getting
toilet papered. Originally, I thought these houses had someone in
school sports or the house has a coach, but this is not the case. I
guess toilet papering a house is not vandalism, but certainly can be
classified as littering (a $50 fine, max). At one house they
spray-painted "Ha Ha " on their concrete driveway. What can be
done? What can one do to prevent their house/trees to be toilet
papered?

That's easy enough: don't be an asshole. Assholes are the only ones I can
recall ever getting their houses rolled when I was in school. As a result, I
make it a point never to give the neighborhood kids a hard time. And in over 20
years in the same house, I've never been rolled, egged, or vandalized.

Not hardly- I got papered this year, and am middle aged, live alone, and
have ZERO interaction with the local teenage population. 3 other houses
in this small subdivision also got papered, apparently at random.
Curiously, none of the every-third-house dogs apparently started
barking, and they bark at everyone, even people that walk by every damn
day. (Guess they have an 'off duty' window in the wee hours or
something...) I suspect the papering is just a teenage bonding ritual.

aem sends...

When we were young, about 5 of us were camping out at the dead end in
a neighborhood subdivision.

Believe it or not, we were innocent. A house in the subdivision was
rolled. The cops came to where we were camping and we were naturally
accused of the "crime"

It turned out that a neighbor to the house that was rolled woke up
because her huge dog was barking. She saw the people that did it and
she could tell the cops it wasn't us. I don't know if they caught the
people that did it, but I was sure glad she was around.

I think shooting someone for rolling your yard would be a little
excessive. I do think shooting someone over a lawnmower could serve
as a good deterrent.