Posted to alt.home.repair
32andtwentyseven 32andtwentyseven is offline

Default Fridge door won't close

On 18 Oct, 23:18, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Oct 18, 4:56 pm, 32andtwentyseven
wrote:

Fridge door won't close properly. It closes but then pops open an
inch. If you give it a hard nudge sometimes it stays closed, but even
then the top corner has a gap. Any ideas? I can't replace the fridge,
it belongs to my landlord.

-- I can't replace the fridge, it belongs to my landlord.

In many localities, if the landlord supplies a fridge then he is
required to keep it in properly working order.

If you are paying the electric bill and/or if there is a danger of
food spoiling, then a fridge that will not close is not working
properly.

Ask the landlord to repair/replace it.

...unless there is something you aren't telling us about why the door
doesn't close...anymore.

Err yeah... I am storing dead body parts in my fridge.. obviously. The
"landlord" (which is a TMO) just sends the janitor. Who has the brains
of a frog. He insists there is nothing wrong with fridge because when
he closes it, it closes. Trying to argue is somewhat futile.

Don't worry about it. I've managed this long... a few more months
won't kill me.