Posted to alt.home.repair
Mamba Mamba is offline

Default PEX - Using hose clamps

"BobK207" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 23, 11:50 am, "Mamba" wrote:
wrote in message

Gary-

I was concerned about the muscle power required as well...BEFORE
using the tool.

The Wirsbo hand expander is effortless...a little awkward until you
get the hang of it but really only very minor muscle power needed.

The very savvy guy there suggested that system required a lot

more muscle power than the tool I bought. I believe his quote
included the
term "Popeye arms" ;-)

I'd be surprised if the crimp tool required less muscle than the
expander..

I'll bet your "very savvy" guy

1. has never used the WIrsbo hand expander
2. only supports / stocks crimp type system
3. might have arm strength of Olive Oil not Popeye ( j/k)

cheers
Bob

Tnx

I haven't tried it myself (the Wirsbo tool). The OP had a question about
how to remove one if required. Is the clamp a sinple ring-type collar? If
so, how would you remove one if necessary?