Posted to rec.woodworking
HDRDTD HDRDTD is offline

Default Mechanical Aptitude Test

This one triped up every engineer here that has taken the test so far.

I was thinking along the same lines at first, noting that if you measure
from the center of each box to the fulcrum, the the distance ratio appears
to be 5:1 but that results in an answer of 60kg, and that ain't an option
given.

However....

If you look at it as each box sites on two segments, and count that way, or
in other words if each segment was shown as the width of a box, the the
ratio appears as 3:1 which provides the correct solution.

"Chip Buchholtz" wrote in message
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
: Was posted in alt.machines.cnc... But doesn't seem to have migrated
over
: here yet...

: http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/quizze...alAptitude.php

: I scored a 430...

I scored a 420, and I think their answer for question 31 is wrong. I
measured from the center of gravity of the load to the fulcrum, and
they measured from the outer edge of the load to the fulcrum.

I emailed them about it, so I'll probably find out that I screwed up.

It's a fun quiz, thanks!

--- Chip