Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan Coby Dan Coby is offline

Default Mechanical Aptitude Test

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message news:9ToTi.1289$Gq2.470@trnddc01...
Was posted in alt.machines.cnc... But doesn't seem to have migrated over here yet...

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/quizze...alAptitude.php

I scored a 430...

I've got the unfair advantage over some of you of being trained here on the
job... But never had schooling in most of this so...

Share your score with us... No shame or bragging rights, just a fun test.

450

Missed:

#7. I reversed their opinion of the direct vs reversing drive. I picked C as
the reversing drive since the two gears go in the opposite direction. I am
a EE so I admit ignorance about the choice of terminology. I still like my
choices better.

#11. The screw drive I am probably wrong (see previous comment about
being an EE).

#31. I also agree that the correct answer should be 60. I picked 50 as being
the closest. The only way that 100 would be correct if the weights are a
point mass and the mass is at the outside edge of each box.

#38. This one is ambiguous. Since the two fans are facing in opposite
directions, what frame of reference should be used? I chose that the
unpowered fan will be going in reverse (compared to what it would be going
if it had power applied).

#44. Another ambiguous question. I finally chose C (in tube A only). I had initially
selected A (higher in tube A then tube B) but changed to C. As mentioned by
another poster. This is a venturi tube. The height in tube B will definitely be
lower than tube A. Whether there is any water in tube B depends upon the outlet
pressure at the right. I guessed that they wanted C. After I went to the next
question. I reconsidered since A would be technically more correct. However
getting the answer correctly on a test involves guessing what is expected
by the people creating the test. I guessed wrong.