Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch Tom Veatch is offline

Default Mechanical Aptitude Test

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:14:13 -0700, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On 23 Oct, 16:59, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

I scored a 430...

470, but I wasn't impressed by some of the questions. As an example,
the "two boxes on a seesaw" has a range of possible answers, depending
on whether they're a point mass or a distributed mass within the box.
To get their answer you have to assume a point mass, that's a pretty
tenuous stretch of the imagination. Redrawing the diagram a little
better would clarify things.

Anyone found the full set of correct answers yet? I'm too busy just at
the minute, but it would be interesting to see them.

Agree! To get an answer that is listed, you have to assume the CG of
each box is at the outer edge of the box..

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA