Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default For Kate - relief carving in cherry - IMG_5164b.jpg

This was done about 20 years ago in 2 pieces of cherry glued together
in the center. It is approximately 14 x 18 inches and is carved about
3/8 of an inch deep. The finish is several coats of Minwax Antique
Oil Finish.
Bill

Very nice work Bill. I especially like the texture on the unicorn. It
somehow makes it seem (feel) more alive.

I wish I had such talents. I have given a thought or two to try
carving over the years, but never got there. But then again, since I
love boxes so much, not sure I'd ever be able to part with them if I
started carving them like you and Kate.

Btw... I'm also a HUGE Sci-Fi/Fantasy fan. I gave up counting my books
and have long ago given many away to friends and family who now read
the genres. I still probably have several thousand and more now in
digital. It's easier to pocket the digital than the paperbacks... lol.

One of my all-time favorites is Little Fuzzy by H.Beam Piper. Shame
about the man, but the series is quite wonderful imho. I also loved
Paul French's (a.k.a. Asimov) David Starr Space Ranger. Now I read
more dragon series that straight Sci-Fi, but some oldies still remain
dear to my heart, especially from childhood.

`Casper