Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default Kitchen remodel - backwards

In article , Malcolm Hoar says...

In article , "** Frank **"
wrote:
Saw a few TV home improvement shows on kitchen remodels.

Show number one: After the cabinets were ripped out from the walls leaving
it damaged and full of holes, they just put the new cabinets back covering
the damage areas. It only take a little effort to repair the damage, why
skip this step? Those holes in the walls could be a health issue inviting
nesting areas for rodents.

Sloppy but not much of a risk.

Show number two: They paint the kitchen walls *after* everything was
installed; cabinets, counter tops and appliances that is. Much easier to
paint when the room was empty. This was done by pros, am I missing
something?

Silly. But maybe the cabinet installers were waiting to get started
but the painter was unavailable, on another job ;-)

My reaction to this is .... and so what.

It'd be easier to paint before cabinets the first time, true. But sooner or
later the kitchen will need to get paint again. The cabinets will need to be
masked off and/or covered and care taken then anyway.

Banty