Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian V Brian V is offline

Default Adhesive for shower enclosure door

"Photon713" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend an adhesive that attaches a shower
door to a tub? A portion of the installation causes the door to
sit directly on the tub. Tub and tile sealer does not hold the door
solidly in place. Consequently, after a month or so, water leaks
out under the door where the sealer has failed. Anyone solve a
similar problem? BTW: I would have to remove the enclosure
to add additional adhesive under the shower enclosure, something
that I'm hoping not to do. I would prefer to find a adhesive around
the edge of the enclosure to hold it in place.

You have to remove the rails. A bead of silicone or similar is placed UNDER
the rail to hold it in place. You can them put a bead of silicone on the
edges of the rail to aid water shed.