Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adhesive for shower enclosure door

Can anyone recommend an adhesive that attaches a shower
door to a tub? A portion of the installation causes the door to
sit directly on the tub. Tub and tile sealer does not hold the door
solidly in place. Consequently, after a month or so, water leaks
out under the door where the sealer has failed. Anyone solve a
similar problem? BTW: I would have to remove the enclosure
to add additional adhesive under the shower enclosure, something
that I'm hoping not to do. I would prefer to find a adhesive around
the edge of the enclosure to hold it in place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Photon713" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend an adhesive that attaches a shower
door to a tub? A portion of the installation causes the door to
sit directly on the tub. Tub and tile sealer does not hold the door
solidly in place. Consequently, after a month or so, water leaks
out under the door where the sealer has failed. Anyone solve a
similar problem? BTW: I would have to remove the enclosure
to add additional adhesive under the shower enclosure, something
that I'm hoping not to do. I would prefer to find a adhesive around
the edge of the enclosure to hold it in place.

You have to remove the rails. A bead of silicone or similar is placed UNDER
the rail to hold it in place. You can them put a bead of silicone on the
edges of the rail to aid water shed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Brian V" wrote in message
. ..

"Photon713" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend an adhesive that attaches a shower
door to a tub? A portion of the installation causes the door to
sit directly on the tub. Tub and tile sealer does not hold the door
solidly in place. Consequently, after a month or so, water leaks
out under the door where the sealer has failed. Anyone solve a
similar problem? BTW: I would have to remove the enclosure
to add additional adhesive under the shower enclosure, something
that I'm hoping not to do. I would prefer to find a adhesive around
the edge of the enclosure to hold it in place.

You have to remove the rails. A bead of silicone or similar is placed
UNDER the rail to hold it in place. You can them put a bead of silicone on
the edges of the rail to aid water shed.

Agreed, and for best seal, first clean the areas to be covered in silicone
with alcohol.

adhesive for shower door stopper and porcelain tile Glenn Levine Home Repair 0 February 27th 07 03:13 AM
Shower enclosure JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com Home Repair 3 December 29th 06 12:25 AM
shower enclosure John G UK diy 0 February 22nd 06 12:23 PM
Quadrant Shower Enclosure door problem cliff UK diy 2 November 18th 05 08:20 PM
Shower enclosure Stinkoman UK diy 1 April 17th 05 04:35 PM