Posted to alt.home.repair
Cindy Hamilton Cindy Hamilton is offline

Default Did they change treated lumber AGAIN?

On Oct 23, 7:36 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in ...
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
So, if you find out that your kid has a toy which was later
recalled due to high levels of lead, you let the kid keep the
toy?

Yes or no.

Do you let the kid keep the toy?

If the kid is beyond the chewing stage, why not? ...

Joe, otoh, being a totally responsible parent would of course, not
allow his kids to have toys on the presumption they _would_
contain lead.

Although in reality, I must presume that being such a stellar
protector of the young he thought even farther ahead and has
therefore ensured he doesn't have any in order to fully protect
them from all of these inevitable hazards.

--

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science...den/index.html

And the papa says...

"I'm angry at my government for failing to regulate chemicals that are
in mass production and in consumer products." Hammond says. "I don't
think it should have to be up to me to worry about what's in my
couch."

Sic semper personal responsibility

dadiOH

Umm...we're supposed to know what's in a couch? Not buy couches?- Hide quoted text -

It's kind of a funny problem.

We want kids not to burn to death, so we put fire retardants in their
pajamas.

We want kids not to be cut by broken glass, so we make all their stuff
out
of plastic.

It seems like everything we do to protect kids from the dangers we
know
exposes them to dangers we don't know.

Cindy Hamilton