Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Mechanical Aptitude Test

On Oct 23, 1:26 pm, Chris Friesen wrote:
Joe AutoDrill wrote:
http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/quizze...alAptitude.php

I scored a 430...
Share your score with us... No shame or bragging rights, just a fun test.

Fun little test. I got 480.

Their answer to #16 is wrong. Since the ropes are angled somewhat the
actual force would be more than 50kg. (And besides, kg are a unit of
mass, not force. The actual force would be a bit more than 9.8 * 50
Newtons.)

I too think their answer in #31 is wrong, and some of their electrical
symbols are a bit funky.

I got wrong the pipe one wrong. I expect that Bernoulli's principle
means that the pressure is lower in the narrower section.

I also got the "naturally aspirated engine" one wrong. I said it was
suction from the piston, but really that wouldn't cause anything to
happen without atmospheric pressure pushing it in, so I guess I can't
complain.

Chris

Ditto in score (480) and ditto in complaints.
Without the piston creating a (partial) vacuum, the atmosphere could
NOT push in the air....and the piston down.
Got the pipe one wrong too.