Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default Best Woodworking Magazine

Woodwork and Woodworking are different publications.

Second that - I haven't read Woodwork, but Woodworking is definitely
my favorite. Woodworking (www.woodworking-magazine.com) is the one by
some of the Pop Wood folks (Chris Schwarz et al.), and although they
don't do subscriptions yet, I think it's a really solid publication.
No advertising, and a good balance of hand and power tool coverage. I
like Pop Wood also - that would probably be my 2nd choice. Wood would
probably be my first recommendation to someone just starting out.
I still sort of like FWW, and the Reader's Gallery is impressive, but
I let my sub lapse in favor of buying the hardbound collection of
Woodworking Issues 1-7. Also, FWW has an online subscription that I
think is pretty valuable - you can download (almost?) any issue from
their history (including older and possibly better ones), search by
topic, etc. However, their magazine and the online service are quite
expensive ($35 per year for either one, slightly cheaper if you get
both). Recently I've been browsing them at the library or bookstore,
but haven't missed it too much.

Just my opinions,
Andy