Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Dallas machinist 2, Bad guys 0

"RMDumse" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 22, 7:37 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
If you read Randy's latest post, he says that they call the cops in NYC
and
they respond quickly,

and if you read it well, you'd know I specifically implied I did not
believe the statistics, and am aware they are flawed.

Yeah, but did you believe your own statement, or was that tongue-in-cheek?

I used to call in lots more crimes out on Chalk Hill Rd. I have a
stack of video tapes with 911 events on them. Shots fired, wrecks,
burning cars, drivers weaving all over the road, you name it. I
stopped calling in things that didn't leave marks on my building or
vehicles. What's the point? No one came out to take the report. So
statistically crime went down.

I don't believe the stats. Not for a minute. Call me a skeptic if you
wish.

My God. How can you live in a place like that? How about a nice house on the
Jersey Shore? d8-)

You're not the only one who says that Dallas's crime is seriously
underreported. If they reported it accurately, it appears, it would sound
like a suburb of Hell.

--
Ed Huntress