Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] snarl@tripod.com is offline

Default OT - Raging Calif. fires burn scores of homes

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:59:05 -0400, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
roups.com...
Quite a fire we have burning here....

TMT

I have a bit less sympathy for people that build in wilderness areas, flood
plains or below sea level and then are surprised when Mother Nature
intrudes.

I live in a smallish logging town with three lumber mills; stud,
plywood and a Cedar mill. They've all been down to one shift for most
of th' year, but I noticed yesterday they're runnin' two shifts and
might even ramp up to 24/7. Big assed fires, hurricanes and th' like
fuel our economy. So I guess th' folks you mentioned above do have at
least one redeeming factor g.

Snarl