Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT: Dallas machinist 2, Bad guys 0

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:41:55 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

Think of this as something like teaching a man to fish. Now you know where
the data is, and how neatly they lay it out for you. The thing to do with
it
is to plunk it into Excel and let it draw a curve. If there's a kink in
the
curve soon after the CCW law was enacted, something happened. If there's
no
kink, it means that the CCW law had no effect.

Aren't you forgetting that the main thrust of the media campaigns are
made in the year _prior_ to the law getting passed?

I'm not following you. Certainly interested parties are making their efforts
to get a law passed or not before it happens. But we're talking about trying
to measure what happened once the policy actually becomes law. Right?

--
Ed Huntress