Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham. Graham. is offline

Default PAT tests

"Sky" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi all,

I've just had an office PAT tested and to my surprise a number of newish
(ie bout within the last 12-24 months) TFT monitors have 'failed'. The guy
doing the testing has sort of shrugged his shoulders wehen I asked him
exactly what this meant, and has recommended that I change the power
leads - which seems daft as the power leads have been seperately checked
and PASSED!

Any idea what I should do? Should I replace the units and if so, what is
likely to be the problem with them?

Best wishes,

Sky

What did they fail on, insulation or earth continuity?
if the latter, what part of the monitor did the guy
connect the crocodile clip to?
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%