Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey there Gang,

OK, I'm new to the gas fireplace thing............So, I am trying to
light it, and it's not working. I checked my gas/propane tank , and I
have about 75%. I am not hearing gas come in. PLEASE help!!!

Thanks,
Roo

This may be totally irrelevant, but I have a small portable gas grill that's
normally used with the little tanks you take camping. I bought a hose to
adapt the grill to a big propane tank. The hose had a tag attached which
said to open the valve on the propane tank, but leave the grill's control
OFF for 5 minutes, or some sort of safety device would block the flow of
gas. Naturally, I didn't read the tag the first time, and as expected, the
thing wouldn't light and there was much cursing.

Any tags you haven't read, maybe?