Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

Hey there Gang,

OK, I'm new to the gas fireplace thing............So, I am trying to
light it, and it's not working. I checked my gas/propane tank , and I
have about 75%. I am not hearing gas come in. PLEASE help!!!

Thanks,
Roo

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 22, 7:11 pm, wrote:
Hey there Gang,

OK, I'm new to the gas fireplace thing............So, I am trying to
light it, and it's not working. I checked my gas/propane tank , and I
have about 75%. I am not hearing gas come in. PLEASE help!!!

Thanks,
Roo

Are all the appropriate valves open? Is your gas regulator (if any)
set properly? HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey there Gang,

OK, I'm new to the gas fireplace thing............So, I am trying to
light it, and it's not working. I checked my gas/propane tank , and I
have about 75%. I am not hearing gas come in. PLEASE help!!!

Thanks,
Roo

This may be totally irrelevant, but I have a small portable gas grill that's
normally used with the little tanks you take camping. I bought a hose to
adapt the grill to a big propane tank. The hose had a tag attached which
said to open the valve on the propane tank, but leave the grill's control
OFF for 5 minutes, or some sort of safety device would block the flow of
gas. Naturally, I didn't read the tag the first time, and as expected, the
thing wouldn't light and there was much cursing.

Any tags you haven't read, maybe?