Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

Default how contractors really size aircon

"CJT" wrote in message
ftwhd wrote:

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 21:39:30 -0500, CJT wrote:

ftwhd wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 06:14:05 -0500, "Noon-Air"
wrote:

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message
T...

"CJT" wrote in message

Noon-Air wrote:

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
news:hdceg35a****ri543cipe6blpuh2ogjvaj@4ax .com...

On 5 Oct 2007 13:00:28 -0400, wrote:

I like the "front door rule" :-)

http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/en/publicati...289-95/index.h

tm

Nick

One of the most telling bits of info is the "reasons for

oversizing".
The most common reason is because the customer requested it.

This is done strictly out of ignorance.

That
suggests to me that in the real world the Manual J and other

"correct"
ways of sizing are too often giving undersized results and the
customers have learned from past experience that they need a

bigger
unit then the "experts" tell them they need.

This is only because the customer is trying to get the system to do

things

that its not designed for

That's the customer's choice to make. Who are you to say what he

should
be able to call upon it to do? He's the one paying.

Almost every place I've
lived in has had undersized cooling.

Probably not.....a correctly sized system is designed to *MAINTAIN*

the
average comfort levels at the design conditions....not bring the

temp
in

100 degree home down to 70 degrees in 30 minutes. Its not gonna

happen.

If that's what the customer wants, and he's willing to pay for it,

and
it's not illegal, then who made YOU king?

CJT if you had a clue, you would know it's not expected from a system
that's
correctly sized.

I have had CJT in my killfile for a long time.....He doesn't *want" to
understand about manufacture design limitations, or proper sizing.
He doesn't care about getting it done right, All he cares about is how

cheap
can he get it done.

I thought CJT was a bitch from the way she er.. he whines.

Oh well. Hes just another asshole as far as I can tell. One of
thousands.

You guys probably think your customers can't detect the disdain
you have for them.

I think you have it backwards.

You're wrong.

No, your wrong. What we have disdain for is internet assholes who
have a bone to pick for whatever reason with hvac guys.

I realize that there are some real clueless dick heads posing as pros.
But I think for the most part the regs here do the best they can most
of the time and know what is right and what is wrong. Youre picking
the wrong bone.

There is one exception and that is the mormon con man Stormy Mormie.
Stormy and his kind are the ones that give rise to the internet hvac
horror stories you hear. Obviously you have had a negative experience
involving one of these hacks. Consider re-channeling your energy
grasshopper.

And BTW my customers dont disdain me. They request me. Maybe its
part of that backwards havc logic. They request me so they can hate
me. :-/

You only need to read the post to which I responded to see the disdain.

So you're the one who is wrong.

Unlikely