Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

A welding rod by common usage is a supply metal that melts and combines
with the base metal. As in a stick welder.

The Tungsten is really a semi-inert rod that supplies current to melt
a spot of metal. The filler rod supplies the extra metal for the fix.

In a loose way it is a welding rod - used in welding and is a physical rod.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Adam Corolla wrote:
"Adam Corolla" wrote in message
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
So what are Tig pure tungsten sticks do for you ?
That might be a source.

Martin

Uh, huh? I don't know what tungsten is, but I don't know what Tig pure
sticks are.

Oh, I think I found out--welding rods, right?