Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default landscape idea under Tall 50+ft Pine tree

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:21:57 -0400, George
wrote:

samurai wrote:
I hate the pines and cones under the trees, and sod will not grow
there.

Anyone have a good idea, low maintanence landscape idea for under a
pine tree??

I live in a northern climate, Alberta Canada, here it gets snow,
freezing temperatures for 4-5 months.

samurai.

Why? its natural and looks nice. Why try to grow grass where it
naturally doesn't grow.

Why not build a rock garden in the area and add plants that would
normally grow near pines?

Thinking of pines, a large one grew next to the house I used to live
in. I decided to leave the needles and cones there. They looked a lot
better than the mud that would be visible otherwise (it was too dark
for grass).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy