Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_3_] Steve Barker[_3_] is offline

Default Gas Hot Water Tank

wrote in message
ups.com...
No, but gas tanks don't have a history of leak problems and generally
last the life of a car. I've never replaced a gas tank in a car. A
water heater is much different.

I've only replace 1 water heater in 35 years of owning multiple homes. I've
replaced 4 automotive gas tanks that rusted out. And that's just my own.

How about radiator hoses and timing belts? Do you wait until they
fail or do you change them out at 10 years or 100K miles or so?

Wait 'till failure. I'm a certified mechanic and am tired of working on
cars. I only touch my own when absolutely necessary.

Do you wait until you have leaks to replace your roof? Or do you
realize it's now 25 years old, take a look at it, realize it's nearing
the end of it's life and replace it before it's leaking?

Wait 'till the hailstorm when the insurance co. pays for it.

the water heater is good until it begins to leak someplace other than the
T&P valve. Don't worry about it.

Even if it's located in an attic, living space, or finished basement?

Wouldn't have one in those locations.