Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Adam Corolla Adam Corolla is offline

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Adam Corolla" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

et...

Think of the conventional ingot of gold----400 troy ounces. About the
size of a modular masonry brick----and weighs a whopping 27.4285
pounds avoirdupois.

I have two 50-pound bricks of pure lead, which I inherited from my
uncle, who used them to cast lead sinkers and bullets. It's always
entertaining to ask one of my friends if he'd pick one up for me. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Then you'd love iridium. An iridium brick would weigh about the same as
two lead bricks.

Hey, it's entertainment. I like the shocked look on their faces. I don't
want to send them to the chiropractor. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

LOL yeah... I want to get a soda can made from solid iridium when I win the
lottery. IRCC I think I calc'd that it would weigh about 17 to 19 lbs...