Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Veneer Projects

"Charlie M. 1958" wrote in message
I have been wanting to try my hand at veneering, and finally took the
plunge. I got a hold of some 1/42 raw veneer in santos rosewood and
bubinga, and here are the results. I made a few mistakes, but learned a bit
in the process.

http://www.loyno.edu/~cbmarsh/rosewoodcab.htm

http://www.loyno.edu/~cbmarsh/bubingabox.htm

Those look great Charlie. I suppose you meant to have the lid strips come
out off set on the second box, or you did not have enough material to re-do.
;~) Either way they look good.
I am just getting into veneering myself and have learned that if you veneer
over a corner box joint the box joint is going to telegraph through.
Something to think about if you ever use a stronger corner joint. Or, have
you done this and perhaps have a solution?