Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
g g is offline

Default Duct tape

In article , msg wrote:
Steve Barker LT wrote:

Wrong. Again.

The original DUCT tape had and still has NO metal foil.

http://tinyurl.com/ywrzu5

This is a redirect to a 3M product spec page; for this item and
others in the same category, there is _no_ reference to
using the product on 'ducts' anywhere in the description.

I never really considered using the stuff on ducts. I always noticed after
years, the tape would get hard, fall apart and become useless. Some
types last longer, but the typical silver tape.

greg

"Noozer" wrote in message

Duck tape and duct tape are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!

Duck tape is made from cloth and is a REALLY bad choice for using on
ducts. It was designed originally to repair tarps and withstand the
weather.

Duct tape is made from metal foil and is designed for use on metal
ductwork.