Posted to alt.home.repair
JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com JimmyDahGeek@DON'T_SPAM_ME_gmail.com is offline

Default Can I cut the branches of my neighbors trees?

It seems that many on this group are happy to react

in the negative rather than give someone the benefit of the doubt. I was
assuming you were the latter but maybe I was wrong.- Hide quoted text -

And sending letters to neighbors to fix a problem that isn't theirs to
begin with is positive? I'd say positive would be figuring out if
the trees are attractive, add value to YOUR property, sheild you from
a neighbor that you don't get along with, provide shade, and that even
if you trim them, you're still going to have lots of leaves, etc.
BTW, in my experience, a few wet leaves are more dangerous as far as
slipping than a pile 3 inchs thick. So, I fail to see how removing
some limbs are going to make a positive impact if that is your main
concern.

Actually 3 months earlier another tree on his lot that did NOT hang
over my property fell and hit my house. It damaged the roof and
siding and I didn't even say a word to him about it. My concern was
the three other trees hanging over my house. I WAS AWARE that
anything that hangs over the property line is mine. When I approached
him I asked if he would mind if I Paid to have the trees trimmed that
were hanging over my house OR if he would mind if we split the cost in
half to have them removed. I believe that it WAS due to my approach
( in a non threating manner and giving him option) was why he was
willing to work with me and have the trees removed at his expense. He
didn't have to do anything. I'm sure that if I had approached him
angry and firing bullets about taking care of his #@*! trees, I would
not have gotten the response that I received.