Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
John McWilliams John McWilliams is offline

Default Duct tape was: [ Why did the professional camera reviewerstotally miss a serious flaw in the camera?]

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
John McWilliams wrote:
I am surprised that no one has mentioned gaffers tape.

Gaffer's tape is mentioned in the Wiki article, and it's mentioned in
the first line that duct tape ain't so good for ducts.

Despite having used it for many years I've never heard the apostrophe
added. It's gaffer tape.

Kinda like "Can peas" or "Tin peas" in a sense. I'm sure many call it so
without the possessive, but if it's used mostly by gaffers, it should be
in the form I put it. Unless there is a widely used verb (by those in
the Biz.) "to gaff".

--
john mcwilliams