Posted to alt.home.repair
Manster Manster is offline

Default Fastening down Wonderboard to floor joists

samurai wrote:
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:58:29 -0700, Manster wrote:

I've done a few
tile installations over wood sub-floors since that snafu and I've
referred to this when I have.
http://www.ttmac.com/deflection_limitations.htm

I'm just getting tile put in.
I have an older home, with wood laths that run diagonally across the
floor joists, they are 5/8" thick.
My tile guy installed 3/8" plywood over the wood laths, then a
thinset ontop of the plywood, and then the wonderboard. Then used
special screws to fasten the wonderboard to the joists.

Then the tile in a 'subway' pattern. Looks great.

Sounds adequate, assuming the floor joists are spaced properly. Say 16"
o.c. or close. You can check yourself using the L/360 criteria as
prescribed at the web site I posted before. I doubt that you will have
any problems. I'm not sure; what is a "subway" pattern? A staggered or
offset joint, a basket weave pattern?