Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Did they change treated lumber AGAIN?

According to JoeSpareBedroom :
"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to JoeSpareBedroom :
"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to HeyBub :

No one, so far as I can tell, has ever died or gotten sick from
treated
lumber.

There seems to be adequate evidence that people _have_ gotten
harmed by CCA lumber. But this isn't playground/back deck/cottage
dock etc contact.

This is people who routinely burn CCA (despite everything
telling you _not_ to burn CCA) or have long term exposure to
copious quantities of CCA sawdust without any precautions
whatsoever.

The latter is a hazard with untreated cedar too.

I agree it's overblown. But it isn't a complete myth.

Clevis

Is a metal pin. You seem confused.

thinks the old type of treated lumber should've been kept on the
market until children actually got sick and they became "data".

We've had several generations of children grow up with that stuff,
and not get sick.

There's actually more proof that cedar lumber can harm you (including
my own personal experiences). OSHA rates it as a carcinogen and
sensitizer.

Should we ban cedar too?

I don't know. Has cedar ever been used as a method of murder?

I'm sure that more than one person has met their end by being
clunked with a piece of cedar.
--
Chris Lewis,