Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Best Woodworking Magazine

Sat, Oct 20, 2007, 11:23am (eclipsme) doth query:
I got my renewal notice for FWW, just after getting that horrible issue
with the article on clamping - yea, one of those Irwin hand clamps will
apply more pressure than my Bessy K body. I don't think so...
Anyway, I realize that what use to be the unrivaled best is perhaps no
more. What do you think is the best woodworking magazine for the
advanced amateur/pro market?

Almost forgot. Popular Mechanics. Some excellent woodworking
plans. But I let my subscription lapse - I believe they go into too
much detail on some of their reporting on the war in Iraq, and similar.
Not because of the moral, spiritual, or whatever issues - but because
it's like, "Hey terrorists, if you do this, you can cause a lot of
damage". The trend seems to be write about anything and everything,
don't hold back a thing. I figure the terrorists are gonna come up with
enough nasty stuff on their own, no sense in giving them hints. Their
writers aren't the only ones doing the same thing, and there's plenty of
politicians ready to open their mouths telling about how easy it would
be for terrorists to do this, or that, and the horrible results.
There's times when something doesn't need to be printed, or said. But
the woodworking plans are good.

JOAT
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth."
"Really? Why not?"
"I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."