Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Writing words in wood = pyrography?

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:21:19 GMT, Mekon wrote:

Hello all.

I want to create a few presentation awards for fellow thespians and
need a way to write on the wood words along the lines of "Presented to
...."

My penmanship has degraded further from it's sorry state pre computers
with the advent of the laser printer, so I doubt I would be happy with
burning the text freehand using the pyrography tools I've seen.
Further, I don't need to burn the text on there as long as it can be
seen and read once hung on the wall.

Short of getting someone more skilled than I to do it or affixing a
brass plate, what are my options?

TIA

Mekon

Got a Dremel?
make a template with a kid's plastic stencil kit and rout it with the Dremel..

If you're handy (pun intended) you can print the sentence on paper and trace
over it with a stylus or hard pencil, then rout or burn it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing