Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Can I cut the branches of my neighbors trees?

"John" wrote in message
. ..
aemeijers wrote:
John wrote:
Rocinante wrote:
On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:59:27 -0400, John wrote:

My neighbor has trees that hang all over my fence and more leaves
fall in my yard then in his. I have to rake them every hour if I
want them gone. Can I have a tree guy come in and cut the ones that
hang over and send him the bill? I have sent him countless letters
asking him to do something but have got no response. What are my
options in the matter does anyone know?

John
You can cut the branches on your side without his consent because
they "belong" to you.

However, you cannot also charge him if you do not get written or
verbal consent from him. You are improving your own property, why
should he have to pay for it?

Because they are a nuisance and the cause of distribution of unwanted
litter. Just like a mud slide that caused dirt or anything else to
end up on my land. Just like a car rolling down a hill I can have it
removed and charge him for the tow. Why not?

Get a grip, dude. They are LEAVES, not radioactive fallout. Don't your
leaves blow into the downwind neighbor's yard? Do you go collect
them? I get a big dose of leaves (and branches) from my upwind
neighbors tree just over the lot line, and his tree screws up my satt
signal as well. Guess what- that is part of living in a subdivision.
At least his dog is mostly quiet.

The only cure to 'neighbor leaves' is to have a lot big enough that it
isn't an issue, because your own stand of trees catches them all.

Let the leaves set until the tree is bare, and just clear them all at
once. The yard will be fine.

aem sends...

Get a clue 'DUDE.' There are no leaves blowing from my yard onto anyone
else's property. I do not have trees planted close enough to any neighbors
land. The guy doesn't even mow his lawn and the place looks like a slum. Maybe
if you didn't have your head up your ass you might imagine others have the
same problems with this 'DUDE' in that run down barn he lives in. Try not to
use that imagination and assume anything you are not told and you might not
have so much trouble processing thoughts properly.

You are totally clueless. What you are dealing with is reality. Your neighbor
has no legal responsibility for leaves that fall in your yard - by law. You have
no case. Get over it.

If your thoughts were law, every tree in the city would have to be cut down.

Bob