Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default I want to buy a solid piece of pure tungsten, 3 to 15 lbs.

"Adam Corolla" wrote in message

snip----

Gold is almost the same density as tungsten. Maybe you are thinking of
tungsten carbide?

I wonder if that may be the case. It would make sense------

If only I had a clue about how I formed my conclusion. I fear I don't.
Shocking to find I was wrong, though. :-)

Harold

Tungsten Density (near r.t.) 19.25 g/cc

Gold Density (near r.t.) 19.3 g/cc

Platinum Density (near r.t.) 21.45 g/cc

What I'd really like is a ten-pound chunk of iridium:

22.42 g/cc

But that stuff goes for around 25 bucks a GRAM, even if it was $25 a POUND
I'd have trouble justifyinggetting ten pounds of it, so there's no way
unless I win the lottery, LOL.