Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Can I cut the branches of my neighbors trees?

John wrote:
Norminn wrote:

clipped

mail box and several actually delivered by the US Mail I assume I am
being ignored. I only get ****ed when I am in the middle of raking
and think of dropping the leaves off on his front steps along with
some dog crap just to make my point.

It would be a darn strange looking neighborhood if no trees spread
beyond the property line ) If the leaves bug you so much, buy a lot
in the desert.

Where is all this land you guys seem reoccupied with? It seems that there
are more than a few that would choose to run away and hide rather than face
things straight on. Do you even vote at election time or are you at that
place in the sand?

It isn't realistic to expect a lawn with trees nearby to be free of
leaves, especially at this time of year. And it is a very bad reason to
risk alienating a neighbor. You might be happier either using a
mulching mower with a pickup, or blow leaves onto a tarp and dispose of
them. Leaf blower is easier than raking, but raking is good exercise if
you have a healthy back ) You might also consider changing your
landscape to be leaf friendly - plant a bank of shrubs and just blow the
leaves into the shrub area for mulch. Azaleas love oak leaves. Other
acid loving shrubs, like rhododendron, might be a good choice and it
makes a good place for leaves.