Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Frigidaire Freezer repair?

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:22:55 -0700, Jack
wrote:

Its obvious that your not stupid, but much uneducated in some things
and elecrical appears to be one of them. Just remember this:
'ELECTRICTY IS VERY UNFORGIVING. IT WILL KILL YOU IN A NANO SECOND.
So when dealing with it know first what your doing before you do it.

Boo. You're dead.

There are lots of Mexicans (capacitor origin), Chinese and other
offshore manufacturers who handle manufacturing of high volatge high
equipment, test, service and repair them. Many don't know one end of
a battery from the other, just like you. Do you see many with smoking
hair after their shift? Or a death by accident on the jobsite? No.
Unless you have a very bad heart or some hairy medical condition
getting zapped even by a 20KV TV transformer shock is an unpleasant
experience but hardly a hospitalization incident. Only a strong
current is dangerous. I have survived a 240 Vac bare wire experience
as a kid who didn't know better. I was more embarassed than
worried. Trade electricians get zapped all the time as an unavoidable
job hazard. Its not an insurance penalty.