Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Frigidaire Freezer repair?

In article ,
Oren wrote:

Frigidaire Freezer MFU14M2GW1 1999 model.

This freezer was left by the previous owner and has worked perfectly;
until today. After some reading I think I can fix it for less than
fifty dollars.

I found the controller/starter (?) was burnt badly after removing it.
Looks exactly like this one.

http://www.appliancepartsworldwide.c...cts/210829.JPG

The capacitor looks like this one.

http://www.appliancepartsworldwide.c...cts/198659.JPG

Would the burnt controller damage the capacitor? I found some info
stating the capacitor needs to be discharged to test it for
continuity. Any "easy" ways to discharge it?

Thanks.

--
Oren

"I wouldn't even be here if my support group hadn't beaten me up."

With respect, Oren, if you don't know how to discharge a capacitor, you
don't know how to test one, either.